One of the essential skills in this century is the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams. The unique applied data science component of the curriculum @UIU distinguishes the degree from other disciplines. A student will explore interdisciplinary areas through unique the learning experiences from fields like health informatics, brain-computer interface, neuroscience, medical imaging, remote sensing, spatial data science, actuarial science, precision agriculture, business analytics, bioinformatics, genomics, finance, social media analytics, etc.
- Expert pool of faculty members with academic degrees and experiences in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence and relevant fields with expertise in application areas of practical data science (Health Informatics, Remote Sensing, Bioinformatics, Natural Language Processing, Brain Signal Analysis, Precision Agriculture, Marketing and Finance, Medical Image processing and others).
- The curriculum has been developed with input from local and international academic and industry experts to meet the international and national benchmark requirements.
- Close relationships with the industry to ensure the state-of-the-art curriculum to ensure the employability of the graduates.
- State-of-the-art laboratories in Brain Computer Interface, IoT and Robotics and computing facilities equipped with GPU and high performance computing machines.
- Best research opportunities and incentives for students and faculty members.
- Nations first ever research commercialization center to enable students with entrepreneurial skills.