The vision of the program is to become the center of excellence in producing top quality data science professionals to meet the local and global challenges.
The mission of the program is to enable our students with knowledge, skills and attitude for complex problem solving, lifelong learning, and leadership who will be able to create, share and apply their knowledge in multidisciplinary areas to earn benefits for humanity.
The mission is broken into following mission statements:
MS1 Leadership skill
MS2 Complex problem solvers
MS3 Lifelong learners
MS4 Expert in multidisciplinary areas
MS5 Sustainable benefits for the humanity
Program Educational Objectives
The general objective of the program is to prepare graduates to become successful in their selected career paths. The specific objectives are:
- Graduates will successfully engage in careers in the field of data science with the knowledge, skills and attitude acquired through the program.
- Graduates will engage in continuous learning and professional development in data science and other professional fields.
- Graduates will develop as technical leaders in their chosen profession and contribute to the technical growth.
Mapping between program educational objectives and mission statements
Graduates of the program will have an ability to:
- Analyze a complex problem and to apply principles of data science and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate solutions of complex data science problems to meet a given set of requirements.
- Apply theory, techniques, and tools throughout the data science lifecycle and employ the resulting knowledge to satisfy stakeholders’ needs.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments based on legal and ethical principles in practice .
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities to solve a wide variety of infrequently encountered problems in diverse areas.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
- Demonstrate understanding of the skills required to be an entrepreneur and ability to apply entrepreneurial skills.
Mapping between program educational objectives and program outcomes